Wednesday, August 23, 2006

The Red Hat Club...

Okay...my first book review. The Red Hat Club by Haywood Smith is the first in the two book set about those crazy over 50 ladies who belong to the Red Hat Society. This is a small group of five ladies who wear their purple and red crazy outfits to their monthly lunches. One of the ladies has discovered that her husband has been cheating on her among many other things behind her back. The group decides to do some detective work and bring him down. The main story also weaves in how the girls met when they were young and some of the antics they pulled then. Trust me, you don't have to be over 50 to read this one....just a good funny read. These ladies are a riot and they get the job done. I'm hoping to read the second in this set entitled "The Red Hats Ride Again." Out of 5 stars...I give this one a 4!

4 Comments:

Blogger Shell said...

this sounds like a good laugh. isn't there a film by the same title? i am sure i've heard this somewhere before...

8:58 AM  
Blogger Lucy said...

I don't know if there is a film on it...may have to google that.

7:13 PM  
Blogger Karla said...

I love the cover of this book! I think my mom has a copy of this in paperback...she's a Red Hatter. I'm in our local Red Hat Society, but because I haven't "aged" to the ripe age of 50 yet, I'm merely a "Lady-in-Waiting", wearing the muted RH Ladies' colors by wearing the pink hat and the lavender garb. I will have to look into reading this book myself. It does sound like fun. :)

12:14 AM  
Blogger crochetplay.com said...

Wow! Don't mess with these ladies. Lol!

8:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home