Saturday, February 03, 2007

Greetings from frigid NH!

Hi everyone, most of this is new to me, but I know that I love to read, swap, make new contacts and craft most of all, so this should be fun! I'm ready...

. What genre of books do you enjoy most? (i.e. mystery, romance, horror, historical, biographies, autobiographies, fantasy, sci-fi, etc) I'm not big on romance books, but I have loved every Nicholas Sparks book I've ever read. I like contemporary womens fiction like books by Debbie Macomber, but also loved all books by Dan Brown and the few I've read by Dean Koontz. Also like books like Memoirs of a Geisha. Guess I'll read anything recommended except not a fan of sci-fi or fantasy. Oh yeah any of the Chicken Soup for the Soul books are good too. ... Guess I like books.

2. What sort of bookmarks do you like best? (long, short, lacy/elegant, fun/cute, corner, tasselled, etc) I'd like anything that isn't too thick like plastic canvas.

3. What are your favorite colors? Purple (surprise), reds, blues, multi-colored, vibrant

4. Are there any colors you don't like? pastels

5. What sort of "theme'' would you like your bookmark to be? I am open

6. Are there any "themes'' that you wouldn't like?? Negative messages, dark

7. Can you send internationally? Sure

. If your partner wants to send along extra goodies (like tea, candy, cocoa, etc), what do you enjoy? And is there anything you don't like/can't have?? I have no restrictions as far as goodies are concerned (I probably should!) anything chocolate would always be welcome, I like hot beverages like tea and cocoa. I am working on a stash of handmade papers to make collages with, so fibery papers would be great. But most of all, I would love my swapper to share her ideas with me. Any reciepes, quotes, patterns or directions for some craft project that she would like to share.

9. What crafts are you going to use to make your bookmarks? Is there a particular craft type you would like to receive? (knitted bookmarks, plastic canvas, etc) Off the top of my head, I'm thinking about using either collage, decoupage, fabric, or beads/charms on waxed linen (book thongs); it will depend on the preference of my swap partner. I will be grateful for whatever creative inspiration my match would like to share.

10. Do you have any allergies??? Just cats....please do not mail me your cat

11. Do you smoke, have cats/dogs, or anything that other members might be allergic to?? I live in a non-smoking home with an old dog that does not get involved in my crafts whatsoever.

I look forward to swapping!

Christine :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home