Tuesday, February 27, 2007

Hi! I'm new here.

Hi everyone! I'm Jill and I just joined the exchange. I love to read and am always searching for something to mark my spot in a book. Since I'm a librarian, I try hard not to dog-ear pages. I'm one of those people who is usually reading several books at a time. Not sure why that it, but I've done it for years.

When I'm not reading, I'm either working as a reference librarian, in class (working on my second master's degree), or knitting. Being a student again is taking up quite a bit of time, so there really isn't too much reading for fun going on. But spring break is coming up, so I look forward to much needed reading, relaxing, and knitting time!

1. What genre of books do you enjoy most? (i.e. mystery, romance, horror, historical, biographies, autobiographies, fantasy, sci-fi, etc)
I'm pretty eclectic in my taste in books and what I read depends greatly on what catches my eye. I like the older mystery writers like Agatha Christie. I enjoy some horror books and one of my favorite authors is Stephen King. Dean Koontz is another favorite although I would say he's more along the lines of fantasy-suspense. I do like historical fiction as well and recently have been reading books (for class and on my own) that deal with the history of Asian immigrants to America. I like some sci-fi as long as it doesn't try to be too technical. I really am not a fan of romance, so please not Danielle Steel or anyone along those lines. And I'd prefer to stay away from Christian fiction.

2. What sort of bookmarks do you like best? (long, short, lacy/elegant, fun/cute, corner, tasselled, etc)
I don't know that I have a preference here except nothing too bulky. I'm a librarian and try to take good care of my books, particularly the ones that aren't mine.

3. What are your favorite colors?
I like blues, yellows, and purples. But I'm not really fussy when it comes to a bookmark.

4. Are there any colors you don't like?
I don't really like neon colors or bright pastels.

5. What sort of "theme'' would you like your bookmark to be?
I don't know. Whatever my partner wants to make!

6. Are there any "themes'' that you wouldn't like?
I don't think so.

7. Can you send internationally?
Sure!

8. If your partner wants to send along extra goodies (like tea, candy, cocoa, etc), what do you enjoy? And is there anything you don't like/can't have?
I drink tea (but not herbal please!), coffee, and cocoa. I'm a chocoholic and I like black licorice also. I don't like maple sugar candy.

9. What crafts are you going to use to make your bookmarks? Is there a particular craft type you would like to receive? (knitted bookmarks, plastic canvas, etc)
I will use a variety of techniques to make my bookmarks. I like doing papercrafts and a bookmark is the perfect size for my attention span. I may also cross-stitch. I've been wanting to try something with beads and ribbon. And I'm open to receiving anything!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home